Start Date: 10/17/2019 9:30 AM PDT
End Date: 10/19/2019 5:30 PM PDT
Venue Name: Emerald Plaza Location:
402 W Broadway
San Diego, CA United States 92101
BOMA San Diego
Real Estate Investment & Finance
Through this course you will learn to take charge of real estate investments in order to maximize the value of a property. You will develop knowledge about basic financial concepts as they relate to real estate, including valuation, analysis, taxation, depreciation, and life-cycle costing. Similarly, you will learn to evaluate real estate investments and to develop budgets that estimate net operating income. You will study the income capitalization approach and cover property taxation costs and strategies to offset these costs. You will also gain the skills to conduct discounted cash flow analyses and calculate net present value and internal rate of return. This course features exercises that require the basic use of the HP 10bII* financial calculator.
Key topic areas:
Applies to: PMFP certificate
- asset valuation and enhancement
- costs and taxes
- site and building analysis
- the appraisal process
- discounted cash flow measurement
- ownership vehicles
- the basics of lending and current lending practice
FMA® and RPA® designations
Meet at the Lobby Conference Center/Gaslamp Room on the 1st floor of Emerald Plaza.
- BOMA San Diego Members Course Fee: $1,135
- Non-Members Course Fee: $1,235
- Important: New students planning to enroll or already in a credential program are required to pay a one-time $225 enrollment fee. This is recommended if you plan to attend more than two classes. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.
- Important: New students NOT enrolled or planning to enroll in a credential program are required to pay a one-time $100 enrollment fee. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.