Start Date: 9/21/2020 8:00 AM PDT
End Date: 10/2/2020 6:00 PM PDT
CA United States
BOMA San Diego
The Community Service Committee is excited to announce the upcoming Curbside Clothing Drive benefitting Second Chance Programs, an organization that provides reintegration assistance for individuals entering into the workforce after incarceration, addiction, and poverty. Most of the participants have no or little income, and basic necessities are a valuable commodity. Providing new and gently used professional clothing will aid these individuals tremendously in their journey to self-sufficiency.
This is a great opportunity to clear out cluttered closets while giving back to the community!
Event Locations/How to donate: Clothing and hygiene donations will be accepted via drop off at any of our three curbside, no-contact collection bin sites throughout the county from Sept. 21 – Oct. 2, between the hours of 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Emerald Plaza Parking Valet (courtesy of Kearny Real Estate): Donation collection bin located at Emerald Plaza Valet Station - 402 West Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101 (between State St. and Columbia)
- Drop off instructions: Enter parking garage, pull ticket and proceed straight ahead to valet. Let them know you are dropping off clothing donations, then you can drive out the exit gate.
- ASAP Drain Guys & Plumbing: 999 Rancheros Dr. Suite B, San Marcos, CA 92069
- American Assets Trust - Torrey Reserve: 11455 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130
- Bin Location: Main lobby of 11455 ECR – Access: Park at the curb (don’t block main walkway), enter building and drop clothes off in bin
- Contacts: Teresa Henning - 858-350-2524 or Ray Holdcraft – 858-350-2740
- The Community Service Committee will also be available for limited donation pick-ups – please contact Brett DePue or Jacqueline Nishnic for more information, or to schedule a pick-up.
Second Chance Wishlist:
The most needed clothing items, in priority order are:
Men (greatest need)
- Dress shirts
- Dress shoes
*Keeping in mind the dignity of the participants, please discourage donations that have holes or stains. While all gently used clothing is accepted, there is a preferred need for professional and business casual attire.
Second Chance also tries to provide new participants, especially those entering the Sober Living Homes, with a complete welcome hygiene kit. The most-needed hygiene products are:
Hygiene Products (full size)
- Body wash or bars of soap
- Shaving Cream
- Men’s/women’s razors
- Individual toothbrushes
- New backpacks (small) or mesh shower caddies for hygiene kits
About Second Chance:
Second Chance Programs is dedicated to helping formerly incarcerated individuals achieve sobriety, economic prosperity and self-sufficiency through education, encouragement, specialized training and supportive services. Second Chance addresses issues such as behavioral health, housing, transportation and substance abuse, and offers specialized workforce readiness training, sober-living housing, educational programs and support services. By doing so, Second Chance works to disrupt the cycles of incarceration and poverty by helping people find their way to self-sufficiency. Learn more at https://www.secondchanceprogram.org.