Start Date: 3/19/2020 8:00 AM PDT
End Date: 3/21/2020 5:00 PM PDT
Venue Name: Emerald Plaza Location:
402 W Broadway
San Diego, CA United States 92101
BOMA San Diego
Fundamentals of Facilities Management (FMA Course)
FMA® and RPA® designations
Times: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day
Meet at the Lobby Conference Center/Gaslamp Room on the 1st floor of Emerald Plaza.
Description: Successful facilities managers must have business savvy supported by a broad scope of technical knowledge. This course provides the base from which to build a career in facilities management. You will learn how to structure and manage operations and maintenance programs, and how to manage personnel effectively to control workload. You will gain an understanding of the importance of facilities management to business organizations and operations, while also learning strategies for internal marketing.
Key topic areas: principles of information management
• investment, cost controls, and budgeting strategies
• operating levels of facilities activities
• outsourcing principles
• benefits of leasing vs. ownership
Instructor: Joe Maldonado
Applies to: PMFP certificate
- BOMA San Diego Members Course Fee: $1,135
- Non-Members Course Fee: $1,235
- Important: New students planning to enroll in a designation program, who have not already completed a designation (e.g. RPA, FMA), are required to pay a one-time $225 enrollment fee. This is recommended if you plan to attend more than two classes. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.
- Important: Students enrolling in their 2nd or 3rd designation, enrolling in a certificate program, or taking one class only are required to pay a one-time $100 enrollment fee. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.