Start Date: 8/23/2023 8:00 AM PDT
End Date: 8/25/2023 5:00 PM PDT
Venue Name: Online Location:
San Diego, CA United States
BOMA San Diego
Law & Risk Management
Please read carefully:
This class is taught virtually (live) and a free digital book is included for all registrants. If you are a current BOMA San Diego member, a physical copy of the book will be sent to you free upon request (donated by our Annual Supporting Partners). Members will need to request this at the end of checkout during registration. Click "Member Registration" on this page to get started.
If you are not a BOMA San Diego member, you can request a physical copy of the book for $56 at the end of checkout. Click "Public Registration" on this page to get started.
Times: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day
Instructor: Richard Wieland
Law and Risk Management presents information about torts, contracts, employer/employee relations, property rights, leasing and conveyancing, and environmental law and insurance. It also discusses the insurance market, different types of insurance policies, and the claims adjustment process. Reading this material will provide you with a foundation in the basic principles of law and risk management, thus helping you deal with everyday legal and risk issues surrounding your business.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
• Discuss the issues surrounding contracting law
• Explain the legal aspects of real estate financing
• Understand environmental law and land use
• Identify potential legal liability situations
• Formulate effective loss control programs
• Understand insurance policies needed to help protect your company from potential liability claims
• Describe how underwriting for insurance affects your coverage
• Provide comprehensive employee benefit plans
Key topic areas:
• Conveying and financing real estate
• Property interests
• Premises liability
• Environmental law and concerns
• Employment relationships and agency
• Introduction to risk management
• Insurance company operations
• Principles of insurance and insurable risk
• General liability insurance and employee benefit plans
• Loss exposures
Applies to: RPA® designation
- BOMA San Diego Members Course Fee: $1,135
- Non-Members Course Fee: $1,235
- Important: New students planning to enroll or already in a credential program are required to pay a one-time $225 enrollment fee. This is recommended if you plan to attend more than two classes. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.
- Important: New students NOT enrolled or planning to enroll in a credential program are required to pay a one-time $100 enrollment fee. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.