Start Date: 6/7/2023 8:00 AM PDT
End Date: 6/9/2023 5:00 PM PDT
Venue Name: TBA Location:
San Diego, CA United States
BOMA San Diego
Leasing and Marketing
June 7-9, 2023
Instructor: Dave Ferguson
This class is taught virtually (live) and a free digital book is included for all registrants.
If you are a current BOMA San Diego member, click "Member Registration" on this page to get started. If you are a non-member, click "Public Registration" on this page to get started.
Times: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day
Instructor: Dave Ferguson
Leasing and Marketing is a resource and how-to guide for property managers who have been assigned the additional responsibility of leasing. The course covers everything from working with owners and prospective tenants, to creating marketing and leasing plans, to writing the actual lease. You will be provided with websites, techniques, and valuable resources to smooth your transition from property manager to leasing agent.
As a property manager/leasing agent, you must be effective in placing customer needs ahead of other considerations. You must be able to respond rapidly to change, anticipate trends, and present your building more persuasively than the competition can. Furthermore, you must know that a signed lease at the end of the sales process is the true beginning of marketing efforts because it is cheaper to keep a tenant than to have to spend money finding a new one.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Chart and rate comparative properties in your market
- Develop advertising and media buying savvy
- Employ proper public relations
- Develop parameters to lease space effectively
- Identify prospective tenants and make them aware of how your building suits their needs
Key Topic Areas:
- Market analysis, survey conditions, and planning
- Ownership and investment
- Renewal and tenant satisfaction
- The leasing plan, including lease negotiations
- Public relations and advertising
- Tenant prospecting and space allowance
- BOMA San Diego Members Course Fee: $1,135
- Non-Members Course Fee: $1,235
- Important: New students planning to enroll or already in a credential program are required to pay a one-time $225 enrollment fee. This is recommended if you plan to attend more than two classes. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.
- Important: New students NOT enrolled or planning to enroll in a credential program are required to pay a one-time $100 enrollment fee. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.