Start Date: 11/11/2021 8:00 AM PST
End Date: 11/13/2021 5:00 PM PST
Venue Name: Online
BOMA San Diego
Real Estate Investment & Finance
Please read carefully:
This class is taught virtually (live) and a free digital book is included for all registrants. If you are a current BOMA San Diego member, a physical copy of the book will be sent to you free upon request (donated by our Annual Supporting Partners). Members will need to request this at the end of checkout during registration. Click "Member Registration" on this page to get started.
If you are not a BOMA San Diego member, you can request a physical copy of the book for $56 at the end of checkout. Click "Public Registration" on this page to get started.
Times: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day
Instructor: Richard Wieland
Real Estate Investment and Finance is about understanding real estate investments and the financial value they give to a business. To achieve this understanding, you must learn about such financial statistics as net present values and internal rates of return, among others. The concepts behind capitalization, discounting, lifecycle costing, and value are equally vital. This course will provide you with the basic knowledge necessary to evaluate investment opportunities and to maximize the value of your current properties. To do this, you will learn the basics of investment mathematics. You will need a financial calculator to apply what you learn. Therefore, as you study, the chapters will walk you through many calculations using the HP 10bII.* The last chapter of this coursebook contains a case study, with additional practical exercises, so that you can further apply what you have learned.
*The coursebook is written for the following calculators: HP 10b, HP 10bII, HP 10bII+, HP12c, and HP 19bII. The HP 10bII, HP 10bII+, HP 12c, and HP 19bII calculators can be purchased online, by calling 1.888.999.4747, and in office supply stores. Please note, the HP 10b calculator is no longer being produced by HP, but you can still find it in office supply stores and online.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
• Understand physical value and market value
• Determine a property’s economic value
• Finance investments and increase value
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of current tax laws, including capital gains and depreciation
Key topic areas:
• Costs and taxes
• Site and building analysis
• The appraisal process
• Discounted cash flow measurement
• Ownership vehicles
• The basics of lending and current lending practice
• Asset valuation and enhancement
Applies to: PMFP certificate FMA® and RPA® designations
- BOMA San Diego Members Course Fee: $1,135
- Non-Members Course Fee: $1,235
- Important: New students planning to enroll or already in a credential program are required to pay a one-time $225 enrollment fee. This is recommended if you plan to attend more than two classes. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.
- Important: New students NOT enrolled or planning to enroll in a credential program are required to pay a one-time $100 enrollment fee. At checkout, be sure to choose this checkbox under the "sessions" tab.