Date posted: May 27, 2020
Job Title: Assistant Property Manager
FLSA Status: ☒ Exempt ☐ Non-Exempt
Department: Property Management
Reports To: Property Manager
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager in his/her duties, including, but not limited to, administration, financial control, operations, tenant relations, construction, lease administration, and leasing and marketing of the Property. The management goal is to maintain the Property in accordance with the established standards, while providing quality service expected by Class A building tenants.
a. Supervise administrative staff.
b. Implement new programs or procedures as established by the Corporate Property Management department.
c. Maintain Certificates of Insurance as required from tenants and contractors.
d. Assist with implementation of employee customer service program.
e. Approve vendor access.
f. Prepare work order reports.
g. Prepare Memorandums of Lease Commencement.
h. Responsible for maintenance of tenant and administrative files.
i. Generate Notices of Non-Responsibility, as applicable.
2. Financial Control
a. Assist with annual budgets, financial reporting, forecasts, re-forecasts, management plans, monthly performance reports, and variance reports.
b. Assist with tenant billings, collection of rent and sundry charges. Ensure that overdue receivables are kept below established limits.
c. Review and approve all invoices from vendors and contractors.
d. Assist with review of operating expense estimates and reconciliations and respond to tenant questions regarding same.
e. Assist with review of monthly accruals.
a. Assist with annual bid and re-bid proposals for contract services, including generating requests for proposals, bid analysis, and vendor selection to ensure best pricing and service level performance.
b. Make recommendations for operating efficiencies of Property.
c. Assist management with ensuring that the Property is maintained according to the quality standards approved by Landlord.
d. Assist management with oversight of new tenant move-ins, existing tenant relocations and expansions, as well as tenant move-outs.
e. Oversee on-site parking accounts.
4. Tenant Relations
a. Develop and maintain positive tenant relations by creating and sustaining goodwill between Landlord and tenants by providing consistently responsive quality services.
b. Resolve tenant issues, problems, and disputes by use of positive strategies to include creative resolution and negotiating skills.
c. Organize tenant events.
5. Leasing and Marketing
a. Responsible for preparing and maintaining vacant space for showing to prospective tenants.
b. Coordinate with Leasing department for prospective tenant tours.
c. Maintain plot plans of vacant space and ensure that proper leasing signage is displayed.
The Assistant Property Manager may manage certain employees of the building management office and would be responsible for the performance management of these employees.
This is a largely sedentary role that requires walking, talking, hearing, repetitive motion using a keyboard, and visual acuity for reading and viewing a computer monitor.
No travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business, or equivalent preferred.
• One year experience in property management of large-scale commercial office building.
• Five years administrative or professional experience, preferably in a property management office.
• Experience in accounting and financial reporting.
• Experience in contract analysis, administration, and operations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• Must work well with others and interact positively with team members and tenants.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and attention to detail a must.
• Proficiency in MS Office required.
• Knowledge of Yardi a plus.
• Must have the ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently and achieve the required results.
• Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: May 7, 2020
Position Title: Asset Manager
Reports To: Principal(s)
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Summary: The firm provides property management services throughout San Diego for office, retail and industrial properties. For the most part, our property sizes range from 30,000 to 300,000 sq. ft. The multi-tenant portfolio size is 6,000,000 sq ft. The Owner Association portfolio is 10,000,000 sq ft. The Asset Management position within Meissner Jacquet provides existing client services such as lease renewals, overseeing third-party leasing agents, construction management, project management, acquisition due diligence, financial underwiring, loan refinancing and overseeing third-party agents in sale listings.
The position works in tandem with 4 Senior Portfolio Managers who are responsible for property operations and maintaining our client relationships during the life of our service contract. The Senior Portfolio Managers perform many of the Asset Management functions described here, but are limited in the volume of transactions because of their operational and personnel management responsibilities. The Asset Manager position derives its transactional business from several sources within the company such as a) the overflow of work generated by the Senior Portfolio Managers b) expertise in a particular transaction type and c) identifying income-generating opportunities to our Senior Portfolio Managers and clients.
As a result of the above, the Asset Manager is a portfolio team member and income generator, with a high degree of knowledge and expertise in transactional commercial real estate. This position requires a confident, self-motivated, analytical, team-oriented person who is articulate and demonstrates excellent presentation and communication skills. The individual must have a strong desire to excel and grow. Key areas of responsibility include client relations, lease negotiations, lease document preparation, capital markets awareness, knowledge of property operations, project management, construction management, and financial analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leasing of various product types and situations.
- Pitching real estate strategies to clients.
- Providing financial analysis for real estate strategies to clients.
- Project and Construction Management.
- Advising clients on best practices and financial decisions.
- Understanding loan document terminology, requirements, and liabilities.
- Re-financing existing client loans on occasion.
- High-level understanding of Company and Property Income/Expense Statements and Balance Sheets.
- In-depth understanding of financial and operational reports provided by MJ property managers.
- Exhibit self-start personality characteristics and at the same time, exhibit strong team member interaction and building of trust among team members.
- Must interface well with others. Must not be a steamroller within a team or the company.
- Must have personal drive and ambition to make the position more than it is when you begin.
- Local real estate knowledge and experience is a requirement and gives the right candidate the edge in terms of understanding market and submarket conditions.
- Must have a Network of local industry contacts (investment and leasing brokers, investment managers, loan brokers, institutional and non-institutional landlords).
- Minimum of 10 years of asset-level experience, preferably working for an ownership entity or third-party commercial services company.
- Must exhibit a high level of professional etiquette while interacting with employees, team members, outside professionals, and tenants.
- Display integrity, loyalty, confidentiality, and professionalism always with co-workers and clients.
- Other duties as assigned
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Achieve the goals and deadlines established by the Executive Team.
- Provide strategic advice to Executive Team for improvement in MJ strategies.
- Actively engage in training and development of personal skills.
- Be a constant learner and bring existing experience to the team.
- Must maintain a professional appearance by following company policy.
- Adhere to company policy regarding regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to deal with a multiplicity of demands and projects on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment of changing priorities and to maintain accuracy, attention to detail and work effectively under pressure.
- Execute all duties to completion according to departmental guidelines and within designated timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to interact and maintain working relationships with clients, team members, tenants, and vendors.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of real estate transactional experience.
- California Real Estate License (salesperson or Broker) in good standing.
- College degree in business, economics, statistics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated executive-level knowledge of Commercial Property Management.
- Proven ability and experience in conducting lease negotiations and documentation, loan document review and negotiation, and legal contracts relating to real estate, construction, and vendor services.
- High level of analytical, mathematical and decision-making skills to interpret and negotiate financial and legal contracts.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A problem-solving mindset and ability to troubleshoot.
- Excellent customer service, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Word; Excel; Argus Financial Software, Internet software, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for up to 30% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
Date posted: March 25, 2020
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: A drug screen and criminal background check are required for all HARBRO employees.
If you are looking for the opportunity to join a team-oriented company with high integrity, stability, and room for growth you’ve come to the right place! To apply for any of the open positions, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject line.
For more information, click here.
Date posted: March 25, 2020
ATI IS HIRING DECONTAMINATION TECHNICIANS & GENERAL LABOR NATIONALLY
- Part-time with opportunity for full-time employment, to start ASAP
- No experience needed; all training in duties and safety protocols/equipment will be provided. Must be willing to travel, work OT, weekends, night shifts, and holidays.
- Pay Rate: $15-$18/hour + Premium Pay:
Premium Pay Breakdown:
$15/hour additional pay (base pay + premium pay) for Level 1 Scenario
$20/hour additional pay (base pay + premium pay) for Level 2 Scenario
$25/hour additional pay (base pay + premium pay) for Level 3 Scenario Please send your resume to
Recruiting@ATIrestoration.com, or visit our website and apply at ATIrestoration.com/Careers to apply!
Date posted: March 12, 2020
Position: Property Manager
HFE, Inc. is currently searching for a dynamic addition to its team. If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, we welcome your application.
Reporting to the Vice President, Property Management, this job is responsible for managing day-to-day operations associated with HFE’s real estate portfolio including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, landscaping, etc. The incumbent oversees related purchases and expenditures, vendor contracts, leasing, and capital improvements related to the real estate portfolio.
What You Get To Do:
What You Need:
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with two (2) to three (3) years commercial real estate experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ensures the provision of excellent tenant service
- Acts as a first point-of-act and responds to tenant requests/ problems/emergencies in a timely, courteous and efficient manner, and determines actions needed to resolve or deal with same
- Ensures work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff are quickly generated and follows-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue
- Ensures that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times
- Conducts periodic inspections of properties and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper level of upkeep
- Follows up with tenant when inspections reveal legal/physical deficiencies
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all serious issues with proposed actions to cure same
- Ensures that property and lease files, records, correspondence, notes, etc. are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy
- Periodically audits files to ensure operational consistency
- Drafts, prepares and maintains appropriate tenant lease files, records, and correspondence and file notes
- Effectively manages the tenant occupancy process. This includes welcoming new tenants and providing them with introduction letters that contain pertinent tenancy information including emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures, etc
- Provides new ideas to increase tenant satisfaction which in turn increases tenant lease renewals
- Oversees property improvements to ensure that they are implemented in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Conducts and manages regular inventories of all business property
- Coordinates with contractors and manages tenant move-ins; and continually investigates cost reduction opportunities
- Audits and details verification of all invoice amounts and information with approved Purchase Orders or Contracts
- Ensures proper coding on invoices and collaborates with corporate accounting involving income/expense questions related to the particular property and resolution of vendor issues
- Works in concert with Accounting to assure proper financial performance of real estate assets within area of reference of Property Manager
Apply online here.
Date posted: March 11, 2020
Location: South San Francisco and Newark
Position: Assistant Property Manager, Commercial Real Estate
BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is the Leading Provider of Real Estate Solutions to the Life Science Community. We are looking for an experienced Assistant Property Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will work with a Property Manager to oversee and coordinate all management, maintenance and construction activities for the company’s growing portfolio of biomedical and office properties.
- Overseeing accounts payable and receivable for properties, generating purchase orders, coding invoices.
- Assisting with budget preparation.
- Setting up and maintaining files, materials, information, and schedules.
- Managing a database of key clients and contacts.
- Preparing and distributing correspondence, packets, and other information related to property management and operations.
- Coordinating contract bids and performance reports.
- Assist with the collection of rent, expenses and any other amounts owing from tenants' lease or services performed.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly asset review and required reporting.
- Providing support as needed.
- Must have a minimum of two-plus years' experience assisting with commercial real estate/property management/property accounting.
- AS/AA degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and additional experience.
- Organized and task-oriented, self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines and adapt readily to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills with ability to develop effective working relationships with staff, vendors, contractors, and tenants.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write detailed notes and draft communications to tenants, vendors, and others.
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and MRI experience a plus.