April Membership Meeting/Luncheon
Date(s): April 9, 2019
Time: 11:30 AM PST - 1:30 PM PST
Join BOMA San Diego’s April Luncheon
Co-Working Megatrends: Expansion, Collaboration + Leadership
The co-working trend continues to grow at an incredible pace. Recent reports indicate that from 2017 to 2018, coworking space grew almost 62% in the top 20 office markets in the U.S. In Q4 2017, those markets totaled 27M SF of shared office space, and by the end of 2018 that number had risen to 44M SF. Even landlords, including CBRE and Brandywine Realty Trust, are getting in on the action and have launched their own co-working brands.
Two San Diego based co-working start-ups have made national headlines recently with concepts that are on the upswing.
CommonGrounds Workspace, an enterprise-grade, human-centric Workplace-as-a-Service (WaaS) company that collaborates with asset owners to deliver WaaS to customers in multiple U.S. cities, just secured $100 million in Series A funding to support the company’s aggressive growth initiative.
Hera Hub, a co-working space and business accelerator for women entrepreneurs, recently announced its eighth U.S. location with a new office in Temecula.
At our April “Building the Leader in You” luncheon, we’ll meet two top executives from these growing enterprises and explore:
• The seemingly unstoppable trend of co-working spaces and the design, amenities and services that are attracting scores of tenants from tech start-ups to established corporations;
• Co-working spaces as places of collaboration and creativity and incubators for leadership and entrepreneurship;
• How co-working tenants and building owners and property managers can work together; and
• Leadership tips from two professionals in key positions at companies on the fast track to success.
Janelle Doll is the Director of Operations at Hera Hub, a female-focused coworking space with locations internationally. Janelle is the brains behind the systems and processes that make Hera Hub run smoothly, including the customer relationship management platform, member management system, and accounting systems. She is passionate about efficiency and building a thriving community. She is also at the helm of organizations such as TEDxSanDiego and TEDxYouth@SanDiego.
Scott Anderson is the Sr. Director Operations at CommonGrounds. Scott joined in 2017 with his focus on developing the CG+ app, IT and infrastructure. In his current role, he will oversee operations of the locations, IT and infrastructure, CG+App development and innovation initiatives.
Most recently, Scott was the Head of Implementation for Cad Management Inc.; a technology company focused on corporate occupier solutions. CadM's software suite, Accordant, is an industry-leading space management solution used by a wide range of occupiers across the globe. Scott also served as an Implementation Consultant with America’s team at Qube Global Software providing an elegant integrated workforce management system to national and global clients. Before commercial real estate software development, he served as a Real Estate Senior Specialist within Cigna's Global Real Estate department. Reporting directly to the Facilities Director, he was responsible for the management of Cigna's domestic portfolio of several million square feet and direct oversight of 80+ members on the vendor support team.
Scott attended Drexel University where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering. Scott lives in the Phoenix area with his wife and three young children.
*Please make sure you are registering under your member type designation. If you are not a registered member of BOMA San Diego, you may only register using the Public Registration page. If a BOMA member is registering additional associates, they must have a BOMA member profile saved on the website. If a registered BOMA member is bringing a guest, please add their contact information to Guest tab section ONLY.
[Click Member Registration button]
1. My Information tab: make sure all primary info is correct, then click Next button
2. Pricing tab: Click next
3. Associates tab [BOMA Members Only (Principals, Associates, Addt. Principals, Addt. Associates, 40% member types]: Click on the pencil icon, enter Associate members email, click Look Up Associate Info button. Review profile information is correct, click Close Associate Updates button. When all Associates have been added, click Next button.
4. Guests: Click on the pencil icon, enter Guest email and click Look Up Guest Info button. Enter in information in all fields, click Close Guest Updates button. When all guests have been added, click Next button.
5. Summary tab: Review all registration information, click Checkout button.
*Promo code: click Checkout button, add in promo code. Promo codes are case sensitive.
6. Complete registration of event.
[Click Public Registration button]
1. My Information tab: add information in all fields. If you have attended a recent BOMA event, enter the email address and click the Find My Name button.
2. Pricing tab: Click next
3. Guests: Click on the pencil icon, enter Guest email and click Look Up Guest Info button. Enter in information in all fields, click Close Guest Updates button. When all guests have been added, click Next button.
4. Summary tab: Review all registration information, Click Checkout button.
5. Complete registration of event.
If you are a Non-member and have attended more than one BOMA Luncheon please email email@example.com. You will be charged the $80 ticket rate.