October Membership Meeting
Date(s): October 13, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM PST - 1:00 PM PST
How to Prepare Your Workplace for Violence and Active Shooter
BOMA San Diego, the Programs & Seminars Committee and the Emergency Preparedness & Sustainability Committee invites you to join the virtual October Membership Meeting on Tuesday, October 13 from 12 - 1 p.m. Our guest speaker is Sgt. Joshua DaFoe, San Diego Police Department, Mass Threat Unit. DaFoe will inform attendees how to prepare the workplace for violence and active shooters.
- How to get businesses prepared for an on-site emergency
- What to expect when law enforcement arrives there and how to prepare for their arrival
- Eight signs of terrorism: what to look for at work and outside work
- Stop the bleed: how to help an injured person on-site
- Where do the 911 calls go in a large building? How emergencies are handled on the back end
About the Speaker
Sgt. Joshua Dafoe has been with the San Diego Police Department for 26 years and spent 16 years on SWAT. Currently, he is assigned as the sergeant in charge of the Mass Threat Unit providing training and guidance in everything related to mass casualty incidents within the City of San Diego.
Additionally, he is in charge of managing, supervising, directing and leading all active shooter and mass threat-related training and programs. DaFoe develops training and facilitates drills, training exercises and contingency plans for both law enforcement and the private sector. He liaisons with local military, county, state and federal agencies to determine best practices. He also visits and assesses facilities to determine risks, vulnerabilities, consequences and mitigation options.
Please note, this is a virtual event. A Zoom link and will be sent to all attendees prior to the event.