Ask A Property Manager!
Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Section: Trends and Tips

Insight and guidance are essential to any Emerging Leader in the CRE industry, and within BOMA San Diego, we have dozens of Property Managers, and their knowledge, right at our fingertips. At a recent Emerging Leaders event, we invited young professionals to submit any inquiries they might have, and then we brought the questions directly to the experts. 

Q: Are degrees and certificates required to move into an upper management position? If so, which ones are sought after? 

A: “This will depend on the company but generally speaking, it is preferred a property manager has:
1. Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, finance, accounting or related field 
2. RPA (through BOMI) or CPM (through IREM) in progress is usually acceptable 
3. Real Estate License“

- Gabriela Davis, Unire Real Estate Group, Inc.

<<< Back to July Articles