Membership Awards Nominees
Cast your votes for the 2022 Membership Awards! Below is a list of our outstanding nominees. Voting ends on October 21. Click here to place your votes!
Rising Star Nominees:
Rising Star Nominees:
- Emily Young, Common Wealth Partners
- Emily is nominated for Rising Star for her contributions on the Communications Committee. It's her first year in a leadership position & stepped up to serve as Vice Chairperson. She’s one of the newsletter co-editors, manages article tracking, works with the BOMA office and has been diligent about following up on content and voicing her opinions on Committee. Emily is one of our 2022 Jack Moshgat Scholarship recipients, which can be applied towards BOMA educational courses.
- Tiyana Smallegan, CBRE
- Tiyana is nominated for Rising Star for her dedication to BOMA as a whole. Tiyana has applied for and won three different BOMA scholarships this year. She is one of our 2022 Jack Moshgat Scholarship recipients, the only recipient for the Pacific Southwest BOMA Emerging Young Leaders Scholarship, and one of twelve to receive the J. Michael Coleman scholarship both of which assist with funding to support young and emerging professionals to attend BOMA International's Annual Conference & Expo.
- Casey Munoz, Waxie
- Casey is nominated for Rising Star for his contributions on the Special Events, Community Service, and Government Affairs committees. Casey is enthusiastic at all meetings, contributing ideas, volunteering to fill day-of duties at events, and happily completes any task assigned to him. He is the designated raffle ticket seller for the annual golf tournament and first ever Purse Bingo.
- Katlyn Quinn, Kilroy
- Katlyn is nominated for Rising Star for her contributions on the Membership & Professionals Leaders and Emergency Preparedness and Sustainability. She was involved in the planning of the Padres game as well as the July Lunch and Learn. Katlyn also assisted with and participated day of at the Active Shooter drill in August. Recently, she completed her Foundations of Real Estate Management courses. She attends networking events, assists in planning events, and is dedicated to furthering her Real Estate education.
- Caesar Hernandez, Anchor Health Properties
- Caesar is nominated for Rising Star for his contributions on the Programs & Seminars and Emergency Preparedness & Sustainability committees. Caesar has taken a keen interest in improving our Programs by investing in topics relevant to property managers in our industry. He is chairing the October Luncheon and has compiled all the speakers for the panel discussion on waste management.
- Amanda Joachim, LandCare
- Amanda is nominated for Chairperson of the Year for her leadership on the Special Events Committee. Amanda collaborated with the Membership Committee early in the year for the reimagined meet the committees breakfast, newly dubbed Meet Your BOMA Match to offer a new evening networking event to kick off the year. She led Special Events toward two successful, sold-out events at the golf tournament and Day at the Races, both of which exceeded budgeted revenue expectations. She manages a large group of vocal committee members and always asks for feedback from her committee.
- Courtney Johnson, CCS
- Courtney is nominated for Chairperson of the Year for her leadership on the Programs & Seminars Committee. As a third year chair, Courtney exemplifies how to delegate authority and is a rockstar example of how to chair a committee. Courtney advocates for her entire committee to take on a membership meeting and hit the ground running. Over the last three years, Courtney has turned a committee of a few into a solid, well run, working committee that crushes every meeting and creates new buzz for our programs!
- Megan Horsfield, BluSky
- Megan is nominated for Chairperson of the Year for her leadership on the Membership & Emerging Professionals Committee. Dubbed by many as the unofficial events committee, Membership & Emerging Professionals runs a number of events every year to secure membership retention and lure in prospects. The committee is large, and it takes a well organized individual to keep up with the challenge. Megan has done just that, and exceeded budgeted revenue expectations!
- Addie Stathatos, La Bah's
- Addie is nominated for Associate Member of the Year for her contributions to the Communications and Membership & Emerging Professionals Committees. If you've seen any of the Committee videos this year, Addie was the one to spearhead that endeavor and take on editing the videos. She is the sub co-chair for the Ambassador Program--overseeing monthly zoom check ins with ambassadors, managing the list, and providing ambassadors with the tools to share to new members. Addie realizes the importance of mentorship within BOMA, and has taken the initiative to meet with a seasoned Principal member to see how we can incorporate mentorship within our Ambassador program.
- Ben Arvizu, CAM Services
- Ben is nominated for Associate Member of the Year for his contributions on the Membership & Emerging Professionals, Sponsorship, Education, Government Affairs, and Community Service Committees. Ben shows up to every meeting ready to vocalize ideas and execute action items. He took over as a MEL sub-chair for the corn hole tournament when an open position needed to be filled, and collaborated between the Sponsorship and MEL committees on the event to ensure event sponsorships were worthwhile. Ben is the ultimate BOMA advocate, inviting non-members to attend events, championing education courses, and always saying hello to the new faces in the room.
- Lauren Winter, Securitas
- Lauren is nominated for Associate Member of the Year for her contributions on the Special Events, Community Service, and Emergency Preparedness & Sustainability committees. Lauren serves as Vice Chair of Special Events, was the sub-chair for the Community Service Back to School Drive, and helped lead the Active Shooter Drill for EP&S. She is a helping hand wherever needed and has strong leadership & organizational skills for running events & programs.
- Jeff Feist, CBRE
- Jeff serves as the engineer for the TOBY Candidate: Nobel Executive Center, a six-story, Class A, mid-rise suburban office building. Nobel Executive Center is a highly upgraded and well-appointed with tenant amenities such as: 24-hour accessible fitness center, outside seating area with the onsite coffee cart, and a newly renovated lobby.
- David Rynne, Kilroy
- David serves as the lead engineer for the TOBY Candidate: Kilroy Sabre Springs, three Class A, six-story office buildings. Kilroy Sabre Springs is a three building campus that features a modernized amenity experience with a fitness center, on site restaurant and coffee bar. The campus also features comfortable seating with fire pits, a bocce ball and a boathouse to host social events.
- Anastaysia Plotina, Hines
- Anastasiya serves as the Vice Chair of the Programs & Seminars Committee and as Member at Large on the Board of Directors. She chaired the sold out March Program celebrating women in the commercial real estate industry. In addition, Anastasiya proposed the development of a new DEI initiative that launches this month, the first of its kind for BOMA San Diego!
- Sonia Miro, Kearny Real Estate
- Sonia is a former Member at Large on the Board of Directors that serves the Government Affairs Committee. Sonia chaired this summer's sold out Designer Purse Bingo event - the first of it's kind for BOMA San Diego and a hit that will return every year! In addition, Sonia continues to lend her expertise and her mentorship to all committees. She was recently featured in an Education video series with our Communications Committee. Sonia also served as a judge for all of our TOBY entrants this year. Thank you Sonia for your commitment!
- Stacy Kurko, Jay Paul
- Stacy serves the Government Affairs Committee and the Membership and Emerging Professionals Committee. Stacy has the daunting task of chairing our membership outreach efforts. Her efforts have led to the addition of several Principal Members added to the BOMA roster. She is a pro-BOMA advocate for all, regularly championing our education and accreditation programs, and lending her expertise and mentorship to others!