New BOMA TOBY Life Science Category Announced
In case you have not heard, we wanted to let you know that BOMA has added a Life Science Category to the TOBY competition. The BOMA TOBY Life Science category recognizes and rewards excellence in the management of life science buildings. These buildings are typically home to tenants that specialize in research and development in the fields of chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, cell biology, genetics, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, and agricultural technology.
To qualify for the BOMA TOBY Life Science category, a building must meet the following criteria:
- At least 50% of the building must be leased and occupied by life science tenants.
- At least 30% of the rentable square footage must be lab space.
- The building must have a comprehensive environmental management program that includes systems and procedures for air quality, hazardous waste removal, and water requirements.
- The building must be managed by a professional management company that has experience in managing life science buildings.
The BOMA TOBY Life Science category is a highly competitive award, and only the best of the best are recognized. Winning this award is a testament to the dedication and hard work of the building's management team.
In addition to the BOMA TOBY Life Science award, there are also TOBY awards for other types of buildings, including office buildings, retail buildings, and mixed-use buildings. The TOBY awards are the most prestigious recognition that building operators can achieve in commercial real estate, and winning one is a major accomplishment.
If you are involved in the management of a life science building, I encourage you to consider applying for the BOMA TOBY Life Science award. It is a great way to recognize your team's hard work and dedication, and it is also a great way to promote your building to potential tenants.
Here are some of the benefits of winning a BOMA TOBY award:
- Increased visibility and recognition for your building
- Enhanced tenant satisfaction
- Improved employee morale
- Increased marketability of your building
- Reduced operating costs
If you are interested in learning more about the BOMA TOBY Life Science award, please visit bomasd.org/toby-awards