“This event was special. You could feel a buzz in the room!” – Joe LoGiudice, Ace Parking
Moderated by CBS 8 News Anchor, Heather Myers, the March Membership Luncheon featured a panel of four women with over 70 years combined experience in the Commercial Real Estate industry. During the event, each of the panelists shared advice and wisdom to a sold-out audience of Principal and Associate members. The following takeaways landed close to heart for many in the audience:
- Don't make yourself small and don't change who you are!
- As a manager, you’re creating the environment for your team.
- Learn how to ask for a raise and sing your own praises, but back it up with evidence!
- Representation matters and it’s helpful to see diversity in leadership positions.
- And the crowd favorite: Mistakes are fixable. Even if you burn the place down, there’s insurance! 😉
Some favorite books and a podcast were also mentioned:
Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink, Leif Babin
The Ride of a Lifetime by Robert Iger
Fear is Just a Four-Letter Word by Tracy Tutor
Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
Excuse Me While I Disappear: Tales of Midlife Mayhem by Laurie Notaro
The Memory Palace podcast by Nate DiMeo